Saturday, November 3, 2007

The Power Of The Storm Breather

I wish all of you could be here right now to experience standing in the midst of this storm. I went out a little while ago to try to get some pictures and when I saw the waves, I had to get out of my car, hope I didn't ruin my camera, and try to get some awesome shots. I walked out on the rocks, and it was unbelievable. The wind blew so hard a couple of times, it literally pushed me forward. The waves are big, and it looked like walls of water coming at you - which I guess it was. :-) Because the wind was blowing so hard, as the waves would crest, the tops of the waves would blow into the wind, which gave the impression of a ghost moving across the water.

I was so excited to experience this in person, I came back to our apartment to get Michael so he could see what it was like. By the time we got back down to the rocks (walked this time!), the eye of the storm was over us. It was completely calm. The waves were still going strong, but the wind was still. When we looked up into the sky, we could see the clouds swirling around overhead, but there was no wind.

It was a very cool visual picture of how God truly is our calm in the midst of the storm. The circumstances may not change, but He will provide a place of rest for us, and He will carry us through.

We're back inside now, and the wind is howling outside again. It was awesome standing on the rocks today, in the midst of powerful wind and waves and knowing that the same power of God that was swirling around me offers me peace in the midst of life's greatest storms. Thanks, Jesus!



1 comment:

E said...

Awesome pics, and an awesome post!