Thursday, July 10, 2008

The 4th In Boston & Pa's Visit

It's been a bit of a crazy week, but as promised, here are some stories and pictures from the 4th of July. To begin, let me just say that my experience being in downtown Boston for this holiday was AWESOME!! I had a blast and am so thankful that I was able to be a part of it.

I went with my friend Brandi and her family, and we went up on the roof of a parking garage in the middle of the city. They had set up games and food and had a huge screen for us to watch everything on. Here are a few pictures to show you the views we had of the city...


In this picture, you can see the shell right behind the bridge where the Boston Pops played from.

Here is a picture of me and Brandi with our balloon creations that a balloon man made for us...

My favorite part of the evening was getting to hear the Boston Pops perform. They began the program by playing the Star Spangled Banner. As it got closer to the end, 2 fighter jets flew directly over our heads, not that far above us. I kid you not that the moment literally brought tears to my eyes. It was amazing. After that, I sat on the floor of a parking garage and watched the Pops play and enjoyed every minute of it! Here is the screen we got to watch everything on.


The only negative about the evening is that we couldn't really see the fireworks. There was no wind that night, so when the fireworks started going off, the cloud of smoke just sat there. It blocked our sight, and while the cloud of smoke would glow with color, we couldn't see much of everything. We actually saw the fireworks better looking at the reflection in the side of buildings. Here is a picture of where I tried to capture that.

So there is the 4th in Boston! I would highly recommend you visiting the city for the 4th and experiencing all that Boston offers. It was really really cool!

And now, onto my Pa and his visit with us so far. It's been awesome having him around, although I haven't had tons of time with him since I had to work the first 3 days this week. However, I have today and Friday off, so we'll have plenty of time to hang out, and I'm excited about that. We did go to the Red Sox game on Monday night, and being the brilliant person that I am, I completely forgot to take my camera. This unfortunately means that I have no pictures to share with you from that night, and our memories will have to be in our heads. We had a blast though, and my dad loved Fenway Park.

We've walked around where we live several times. Here a few pictures from that...



We're going to see a few sites the next couple of days and just enjoy hanging out. I'll post more pictures soon. For now, my dad is fixing us a southern breakfast this morning, and my cat has been meowing for an hour-and-a-half straight, so I'm going to go try to make her stop before Michael throws her through the window. Have a great day!

2 comments:

E said...

IT sounds like you're having an awesome time, and that makes me happy!

Tell Dad hi for me! We missed all three of you at Hanna's party!

Judy said...

Hey, you can see fireworks anytime. How cool to get to hear the Boston Pops in person!!