Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Randomness

Hi everyone! I'm sitting at my desk at work eating lunch. It's the week of the 4th of July, and tons of people are out of the office this week - all the bigwigs and such. Makes it very hard to be motivated and stay inside and work.... I thought I'd post a blog while I eat!

First, a picture for you to see. I went to a wedding on Sunday afternoon of two people who were a part of the worship team of the church Michael and I go to. We took a picture of all of us who were able to be at the wedding who are a part of the worship team in some capacity. All of these people (plus others who couldn't be there) participate in our community group and Sunday morning stuff and are some of those we share life with. It's funny - I didn't know any of these people nine months ago, and now I can't imagine my life without them in it. God is good in His provision!

Any Bachelor/Bachelorette fans out there? I confess on this very public blog that I usually watch the shows. :) I'm not a big fan of TV unless it's a sporting event, but this is one show that I often watch. My mom and I debate the merit of watching such a show, and I'll admit it's probably not the best thing for me to spend time doing. However, the show has always fascinated me as I watch the interactions between men and women "competing" for love and the way people so desperately search for attention. I came up with another reason for why I watch this show last night. Sometimes, when you're exceptionally lonely and tired of waiting for what God might have, it is tempting to throw it all to the wind and just go live like most single people my age live and approach relationships in the world's way. All I have to do is watch a show of the Bachelor/Bachelorette, and I'm reminded that no matter how lonely life can sometimes feel, that is definitely not the way I want to live!

Anyway, that is my random thought for the day. I am going to go finish up my lunch of a tuna fish sandwich, fritos, 2 cookies, fruit snacks and a juice box. And yes, my co-workers make fun of me everyday for the lunches I bring. I'm okay with it. They're just jealous! Have a great Tuesday!

1 comment:

Jill said...

OK - on this very public blog I concede that there can be things to learn from "bad" television. :)
Thanks for sharing your insight.

The quiet might be a bit much sometimes, but enjoy it...Michael and dad hit town at the end of the weekend and your quiet will cease and your living space will shrink rapidly!

To add to your random thinking, can you believe that a year ago we were leaving to caravan you and Michael to Gloucester? Wow.....