Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Remembering

A year ago on this date, we pulled out of Kennesaw, GA, a 2 car, 1 moving truck, 5 people and 1 cat caravan, on our way to Boston, MA. Hard to believe it's been a year already, isn't it? It's so interesting to think back on what life was like when we left a year ago. In some ways....actually most ways, I feel like a completely different person a year later. More to come on those thoughts in a later blog. For now, I thought it would be fun to pull out a few pictures from the trip last year. What a time we had!

Here is Ellie in her carrier in the car. Even though I opened it up for her, she never ventured out of her carrier while we were in the car. After the first day, she was quite the pro, but here at the beginning, I don't think she knew what to think.

When we finally made it to the hotel that night, she attempted to calm herself and go potty.....hahahahaha....

And here's a picture of the back of the moving van.

I will say that a year later, I am very happy to be sitting here in my apartment as opposed to driving 18 hours to get here. I'm sitting here in squishy pants and a sweatshirt because we had thunderstorms come through earlier this afternoon, and it is currently a breezy 62 or so degrees. Try not to be jealous. :)

To end this most fabulous blog, here are a few pictures of me and my cat today to show how joyful we are to be on the North Shore....



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're hair looks really cute!
It is hard to believe it has been a year. In some ways it doesn't seem that long, but in other ways it seems forever. I just miss not seeing you everyday and chunking.
Love you,
Jeanne