Saturday, October 25, 2008

Baltimore Bound


As I'm sure most of you have heard by now, there is some crazy, exciting, scary news for the Jones family. My parents, after much thought and prayer, have decided to move to Baltimore. When my Mom and I were here earlier in the spring, I would have never imagined they would be living in the same city by the end of the year! I guess it just goes to show that we never know what God has in store for us.

My Dad has accepted a job with a printing company there, and he is very excited about the opportunities that he will have to impact a plant, get to know new people, and experience a new city and culture. I am thrilled for my parents as they embark on this adventure. When they were in their early 20's, they were raising me and my brothers, and we were much of their adventure. I am thankful that now that we're all out on our own and such great people :) they now have the opportunity to share some of those adventures together that they maybe couldn't do early in their marriage. I believe God is going to use this in great ways in their lives as they learn to trust Him in new ways and see their worlds expand.

Is it bittersweet? Yes, of course. Georgia has been all of our homes for most of our lives, and our family and dearest friends are there. There will be sadness as they leave, and there are many adjustments ahead. It's been a little hard for me to think about them not being there anymore. But if there's one thing I've learned in moving here, it's this: God is present all over the world, and when we're willing to follow wherever He leads - even if it's scary or difficult - He expands our worlds and changes our lives in ways we can't even imagine. As much as we want to hold on tightly to people or places or security in this world, He is the only One who will never change.

So in this time of transition, we would all appreciate your prayers. My dad will be living in Baltimore and he and my mom will take turns flying back and forth on the weekends. Michael and I will be coming home to GA for Christmas, and then my mom will join my dad full time in Baltimore after the first of the year. You can keep up with them and their story by following my mom's newly created blog: http://www.hampandjill.blogspot.com

Pa and Ma - I'm proud of you for following God into the unknown, and I look forward to all that is in store for our family. Greater things are yet to come.... I love you!

1 comment:

Glenda said...

Tiffany, it's beautiful to see you encouraging your parents to enjoy the new adventure ahead of them!