Monday, October 20, 2008

I Love Ma!

Today is my Mom's birthday! YAY!!! I love birthdays!!! :) Happy birthday, Mum! I hope that you have had a most fabulous day celebrating your birth.

I just wanted to take a moment on my blog to say how thankful I am for my Mom. God really outdid Himself when He gave me the two parents that He did. My mom has been my kindred spirit and closest friend for all of my life, and I count that to be a huge blessing. I thank God often for giving me a mom who can also be a friend. She's introduced me to some of my favorite things in life, she gives great hugs, and she "gets" me. We've shared the best of times and the worst of times, and I love knowing I can talk to her about anything.

So, Mum....on this day that is your birthday, thanks for being an incredible woman of God, for loving well and with your whole heart, and for encouraging me in this journey. Our relationship is one of the things that makes me long to have a daughter of my own. I can't wait to see all that God has in store for you as you go through this next year, as we continue to learn that even when it doesn't look like how we thought it always would....well, God knows what He's doing! And He always brings beauty out of ashes. I LOVE YOU! :)

1 comment:

Jill said...

Thank you, dearest daughter, for such a special birthday greeting. I am also thankful for the friendship we have along with being mother and daughter and kindred spirits.

I think someday you will have that sweet daughter and we can put her in a pumpkin patch and take cute pictures of her like I saw being done today!

Yes, beauty out ashes and greater things to come for all of us. Our life is like a song, or a book, or a movie, or maybe it's just a fun combination of fantasy and reality all rolled into one grand adventure!

Whatever it is, I wouldn't change it and am thankful to have you and your brothers and your dad to share that journey with! We love and miss you!