Saturday, December 20, 2008

Christmas Snow

As I sit here and type this blog, it is STILL snowing outside! It started yesterday afternoon and hasn't really stopped since. We have probably about 12 inches on the ground at the moment. It is supposed to stop snowing later this evening only to start again tomorrow, with another 6 inches expected. It's a Winter Wonderland out there!

Earlier this afternoon, I decided to go for a walk to try to get some pictures. It was a little difficult because it was snowing at the time, and I was trying to keep my camera somewhat dry. So I didn't take as many as I might have otherwise. But I thought I'd still share with you what I captured. To begin with, here is a picture of a car that has been almost buried by snow and the plow...

Here are some pictures just of the scenery with snow on them.





Then we have some Christmas decorations with snow on them. I love these pictures - I love seeing the snow covered decorations. There is something so quaint and right about it. :)



Finally, a self portrait. I put my camera on a bench to take this picture. I was trying to show how deep the snow is, and as you can see by my legs - well, it's deep!

Right after this picture, my camera fell in the snow. Oops. It's drying out now and seems to be just fine. Depending on the weather tomorrow, I'll try to get some more pictures taken. I wish you guys could be here for this. There is nothing like walking along in the snow, while it's snowing, with the ocean in the background, in a peaceful, quiet, magical setting. God's power shows itself all the time here in this creation I am surrounded by. But His peace and majesty and stillness and silent awe that is present when it snows....words and pictures fail to describe.

More to come soon. It's supposed to stop precipitating after tomorrow, so we should be able to fly home on Tuesday with no problem. See you soon!

2 comments:

Jill said...

What great pictures! I hope to get to share in the "quiet awe" of God while it's snowing with you sometime this winter.

Hopefully getting you, Michael, and Dad home will not be a traveling adventure. Can't wait to see you!

Glenda said...

Thank you for sharing such beautiful photos and your thoughts. You are a precious woman Tiffany...and I thank the Lord for blessing our lives with you! Travel home safe and have a wonderful Christmas with your family!