Thursday, December 18, 2008

White Christmas

I love Christmas! It is an awesome time of year. And I love snow! Snow is a glorious creation, and the beauty of a good snowfall just takes my breath away. So imagine my great delight that these two things are being combined - and before I leave to come to GA where it is 70 degrees! We are currently under a winter storm warning, with the potential for a foot of snow to fall tomorrow. A foot!! Do you know how cool it is to see Christmas decorations with snow on them??

Anyway, even here in the north, precautions are being taken. Our office is closing at noon in an attempt to get everyone home before the roads are no longer safe. It's actually fascinating how awesome they are at clearing the roads off up here. The only trouble we have is when what is forecast for tomorrow happens - when it snows an inch or more an hour, the plows can't keep up with keeping the roads clear, so then we can run into trouble. Once the snow stops though, they'll have the roads clear in no time. Can you imagine if we got a foot of snow in GA? The state would shut down for days!!

Anyway, I am taking Christmas gifts into my office tomorrow. Each cup has soft peppermints in them and a few chocolates, but I thought the cups were awesome coming from me. Check it out:

I got Ellie a Christmas present today - this is a squirrel filled with catnip. She really likes it!

Finally, here is Ellie herself, looking very cute.

If this winter storm happens as predicted, I will be sure to take lots of pictures and post them for you to see. If I can't have a white Christmas in GA, at least I can enjoy an almost one here! Can't wait to see you all very soon!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Awww.....cute little Ellie! I know it's totally impractical and the she'll be well taken care of, but it's sad she won't get to come with you. :)

Yay for big snows!! Be safe driving and take some pictures! Enjoy your shortened work day! Love you and can't wait to see you and Michael very soon!

Glenda said...

Send us some snow Tiffany! It's been far too warm here the last couple days. I'm so glad you and Michael can be home for Christmas...safe journey!

E said...

ooooooooo I WANT THAT CUP!!!!

Anonymous said...

Ya'll enjoy the cups! Can't wait to see the snow pictures. See you soon. Love to you & Michael.
Aunt Janet