Sunday, December 2, 2007

New York, New York

Happy Monday, dear family and friends! I write to you completely exhausted, so hopefully this blog will make some sense. Why exhausted? Thanks for asking! It all stems from our fabulous trip to the Big Apple. HINT.... Never go to New York City in December! :)

Our New York story is hilarious, so allow me to share. The parents flew in on Friday afternoon. Brother and I met them in downtown Boston around 5:15 or so. We got to South Station, got some food, got on the Amtrak train, and left promptly at 6:30pm. Our train was supposed to arrive in NYC at 10:30pm. Instead, we arrived at 3:15am. Some sort of electrical something broke on the train, and we spent hours stranded in Connecticut. Here are some pictures on the latter end of the train ride, as we were completely exhausted.....(This is not a flattering picture of me and my mom, but I'm trying to convey the level of lunacy...)




When we finally arrived in NYC, we still had to take a cab to our hotel in New Jersey. Our evening came to a hysterical conclusion when our cab driver, upon receiving the address of the hotel, said, "I've never been to New Jersey before." I think we were so tired, we couldn't think enough to get a new driver, so we endured several wrong turns before finally arriving at our hotel. This is the time we walked in our room - yes, AM.


After sleeping for about 4 hours, we woke up, got ready, and hit the city for a day filled with......tons and tons of people. I have never seen anything like it in my life. They actually had que lines for people to look at the store windows if that tells you anything. We walked in a few stores, but most had lines waiting to get in. It was freezing....tons of people (did I mention that already??), and with not much sleep, I'm not sure we were in the best of spirits to maintain a fantastic sense of humor. Here are a few pictures from the day...





On Saturday night before leaving NYC, we went to the Rockefeller Center to see the tree. Here are a few pictures from that madness!




We had an awesome time visiting with my parents, and they even got to see snow!! We had our first real snow that stuck, starting with Sunday and continuing off and on until this morning. It's fun to see white outside and know it's going to be around for awhile! Remind me I said that in March! :) Anyway, I shall leave you with two pictures - I haven't gotten a picture of the snow in daylight, but here is our front porch with snow on it, and Ellie's reaction to her first snow. I can't wait until it really snows to see what she does! Hope you all have a great week! We are looking forward to seeing many of you over Christmas...

2 comments:

E said...

FUN!

I am surviving the horrible floods that hit WA this Monday and Tuesday. It is more than I could ever imagine..truly unbelievable.

E said...
This comment has been removed by the author.