Friday, December 7, 2007

Fun Friday

So I drove home from work tonight in the pouring down snow. Yes, this southern girl drove home IN THE SNOW!! Who'd have ever thought that I would live somewhere that it snows a lot and get to experience that? I love it! It's so much fun, and I think it's going to be a really fun winter. It's supposed to snow/sleet/precipitate in various forms starting Sunday evening through Wed. I think, so it should be fun and exciting. Since it'll be light tomorrow when I'm out and about, I'll try to get some pictures taken of what's on the ground right now. It's cool because it hasn't really been above freezing since the last snow, so it just all stays around!

Anyway, today at work was "Fun Friday". For the month of December, we are having fun Fridays, where we gather together at 3pm and do something fun together. Our staff has been divided into a few groups, and each group is responsible for one of the days - coming up with a theme and bringing whatever you are going to do. This Friday was my team's turn. We did "A Child's Christmas" and we all decorated Christmas cookies together, listened to Christmas music....AND Santa made a surprise appearance, bringing gifts for everyone!

It was awesome! The VP of our company's name is Dave, and since I started working there, I have called him "jolly Dave" (much to his horror). I've been telling him that I thought he should be Santa at Christmas, and he thought I was insane. Dave somewhat embodies a stereotypical northern in a lot of ways, and the entire office didn't think I would be able to talk him into being Santa. But today, while everyone was eating their cookies, Santa Dave arrived, and it was hilarious. Here is a picture of Santa and his elves (my fun Friday team)....

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So, I can tell that WR is not the same w/o you the past couple of months... that's my opinion. Still miss you... have fun in the weeks before Christmas!

E said...

Very cute! Hope to see you at Christmas time in good ole dry GA!

Judy said...

That is a cool story. You are an influencer, keep encouraging other people to find their inner child. : )