Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Snow Day

Dear family and friends....I write to you today from a very wintry North Shore. We woke up this morning to blizzard like conditions - the wind was howling, snow was swirling, and visibility was very low. Church was cancelled this morning, which should tell you how bad it was because these people are used to and prepared for weather like this! So today has been a very needed day of rest and relaxation - a true Sabbath for the soul.

I did brave the weather a little while ago to take some pictures, some of which I will share with you in this blog. Even walking in the wind and freezing rain, it's really awesome to see snow on the ocean. Here is a picture of our house with snow all in the yard, and the mailbox across the street so you can see how much snow has fallen in 2 days...



I was trying to find some Christmas decorations and such that were snowy, and these are some of my favorite things I saw...




Finally, the waves were big today AND there was snow on the rocks! I wish you all could have stood down by the water with me because pictures do not do this justice, but here is at least an idea....





The beauty of God's creation in the seasons and various forms of precipitation is breath-taking. I am thankful that I am able to experience His grace in this way for this winter. Hope that you all have a great week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! We missed you at the family gathering and hope to see you over the holidays. Hi to Michael. Love & miss you!

Uncle John said...

Such a Winter Wonderland there! It turned cold here today, but no snow of course. We thought about you and Michael a lot today and missed you being at the family gathering in person. We all huddled around the computer and showed mom (Grandma Hurst) your blog. Your mom told the story behind all the pictures. It was fun! Take care and be careful in the snow. See you soon!

Uncle John

E said...

Wow! It is gorgeous! I am not sure I could handle all of that snow, but I sure am ready for the numerous inches of rain that is heading our way this week!

Have a great week! Bundle up and keep warm! Love you!

Unknown said...

so what did happen to the car? Merry Christmas!! :) I hope you have no issues getting home this weekend!! ~kelly