Thursday, December 13, 2007

What A Day....

Hi everyone. Okay, first things first. Here is a picture of my new car....


It's so cute, isn't it? Well, wait until you hear my story from today. We got a nice snowstorm today. It was actually completely awesome - more on that later.... But as I was driving home from work today, everything was going fine, and I was so proud of myself for how well I was driving on the snowy roads.....and then my car suddenly stopped. Everything turned off - there was no power - and I have no idea why. I managed to sort of get myself to the side of the road, where I sat for an hour waiting for a tow truck to come get me. The truck dropped my car off at their towing place, where I have to get the dealership to go get it tomorrow and figure something out. Different car? Something simple to be fixed? Who knows.....but definitely not the way I was hoping the day would go. I'll keep you posted on the car drama. I'm not sure if I can come up with a name for it yet, but any suggestions you have would be welcome.

As far as the snow goes, we have close to a foot of snow here at our apartment and really all over the North Shore. It is so awesome! Watching it fall, driving in it, driving on roads that were covered with snow....it has seriously been one of the coolest experiences ever. I made a snow angel earlier, which was fun. It's so peaceful and such a glorious representation of God's beauty. Here are a couple of pictures I took at work today as the snow was falling...this was fairly early in the storm..



I tried to take a few pictures of the snow around our apartment in the dark....to try to give you some sort of an idea of what it looks like. Hopefully these will turn out okay. More to come soon!


2 comments:

Jill said...

How exciting! So sorry about your car experience, but now you are most definitely a card carrying member of the grown up life. It's never dull but so worth the ride! Your car is so cute - can't wait to ride in it. It's crazy to see steps I've walked up be covered in snow like that. Throw a snow ball for me while I'm running the AC in my car still.......Hug Michael and Nathan for me! Love you, Mom

Anonymous said...

my car did that too, it turned out to be a sensor that was broken