Saturday, December 22, 2007

Winter Wonderland

Hi everyone! It's been a beautiful December so far here in Boston - I think we've had somewhere around 18 inches of snow over the last few weeks. This past Thursday, it snowed all morning long, leaving about 4 inches of gorgeous fluffy snow everywhere. I had a meeting with work at a hotel, and then they gave us the afternoon off. So I got to drive home in the snow, and drive through a true winter wonderland. I wish you all could have been here because words and pictures cannot describe the beauty that I experienced on this day. I have had a lot of great experiences throughout life, and I can honestly say that my drive home gave me some of the most beautiful sights I have seen in my entire life. I actually stopped in two places to take some pictures to try to share a small taste of the beauty with all of you.

I love seeing Christmas decorations with snow on them. When I saw this fence, I had to take a picture!


There is something so peaceful and quiet about snow falling. Every day on my way to work, I drive past a cemetery. Seeing the graves with snow on them was an image that I found to be peaceful as well.


Finally, as I was driving home, the entire world was white. I've never seen anything like it. It looked like the woods had been frozen in time. Again, pictures don't do it justice, but here are a few...




I get to fly home Monday evening to spend a week with my family. I hope to see many of you while I am home. In the meantime, I wish you all a very Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Uncle John said...

Beautiful pictures! I'm glad you are getting to experience such wonderful winter scenes. You're right, there is such a quiet peacefulness to snowfall. We're looking forward to seeing you sometime next week. Have a safe trip down here!

Uncle John

Jill said...

These pictures are awesome! Thanks for the reminder that even in winter of life there is still beauty! Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Love you, Mom

Jane said...

Merry Christmas to the Jones family!