Wednesday, February 6, 2008

The End Of A Decade


Psalm 139:13-16
"For You formed my inward parts; You weaved me together in my mother's womb. I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Wonderful are Your works, and my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, and skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth. Your eyes have seen my unformed substance; And in Your book they were all written, the days that were ordained for me, when as yet there was not one of them."

As I sit here on the evening of my last day of being in my 20's, I am filled with thanksgiving that the God of the universe who has created such magnificent displays took the same care in creating me. Nothing that has happened in this last year - or ever - has surprised Him. He knows the days I have on this earth, and my heart's desire is for those days to reflect Christ to a world who desperately needs Him as He writes whatever story He has for me. May my story tell His story, no matter what the future holds.

Because my life has been shaped and formed and is held in the hands of so great a God....I can't wait to turn 30! I have great anticipation and joy and expectation at what He has in store for this next decade. And I am thankful to share this journey with all of you. So happy birthday to me! :) And thanks, God, for life, love, family, friends, and celebration!

4 comments:

Jill said...

Happy, happy birthday to you!! You know, your dimples still look the same as they did when you were 6 months old! :) I don't know if you remember the story, but the pockets on the bottom of the dress you have on in this picture says "cat" and it came with a little stuffed cat that you loved. Some things never change! You are a beautiful and faithful expression of God's image on this earth. May this new year be your best yet as God continues to write His story in and through you. And if He's willing and the weather cooperates, I'll see you in less than 24 hours! I love you! Mom

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday and many more.

Love,
Aunt Susan ,grandaddy and
Grandmama

Janet said...

Hapy birthday to you! I hope you have a terrific day and enjoy your visit with my OLDER sister! Also tell her turning 50 isn't going to bother me...I feel 90! Love to you and Michael.

E said...

Happy belated birthday Tiffy! I am so excited for you and what God has in store for your life!