Monday, February 11, 2008

A Grateful Heart

Hi everyone! This is my first blog that I am writing as a 30 year old - how exciting!! :) To begin this blog, I just want to offer a big "THANK YOU" to all of you - family, friends (both new and old) - for making my 30th birthday such a special day. I enjoyed the celebration of turning 30 very much, and I appreciate all of the thoughtful ways it was remembered by each of you.

I began my 30th birthday by going to work, and my co-workers went all out to celebrate. I received flowers, we had thai food for lunch, we had an ice cream cake... It was really nice of them to make me feel so special! Here is a picture of my desk that was decorated upon my arrival..


After work, I got to go to the airport and pick up my mom, who flew in for the weekend. More on that in a moment. We then went to the community group that Michael and I attend, where we had cupcakes and everyone sang happy birthday. All in all, it was a fantastic day, even if it was a different sort of birthday being so far way from home. Despite that, it was awesome to see all of the people God has brought into my life that I didn't even know 6 months ago and how the celebration of that day would not have been complete without all of them as a part of it. And in a few weeks, I get to have a GA birthday party with many of you!

So speaking of my mom visiting.....we had a really nice visit. Before her arrival, I had asked God if He would let it snow for my birthday weekend so she could enjoy the sights and because I love snow. I didn't specifically ask for it on my actual birthday because I didn't want her to have trouble getting in. Who says God doesn't answer prayers?? Not only was my mom able to safely land, but it snowed on my birthday AND every single day after it until today! How awesome is that? I got some great pictures of things that I am going to try to share with you now.





My parents gave me photo editing software for my birthday, which I am really excited about. I can't wait to experiment with it and share photos with you guys. There will be many appearing on the blog in days to come!

Thanks, Mom for coming to visit. I'm very thankful for the time we got to share! Thanks again to all of you for being reminders that life goes on and is good, and thanks God, for blessing me with incredible family and friends and an awesome birthday! Hope you guys have a great week!

3 comments:

Jill said...

It was so much fun to celebrate your birthday in the snow! And it was equally exciting to see all the ways God has answered the many prayers sent His way on your behalf. He is truly good. I miss having you and Michael close by, but it helps knowing you're exactly where you should be. Have a great week! Love you, Mom

Uncle John said...

Glad you had such a special day on your 30th birthday! What a great picture of your mom. You have such a good photographic eye. Can't wait to see what else you create as you get more familiar with the photo editing software.

E said...

That is a great picture of your mommy! Glad you had fun!